Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is a fragranced medicated shampoo, which should be used as often as two or three times a week, for the treatment of itchy, flaky scalp disorders such as dandruff, seborrhoeic dermatitis and scalp psoriasis.
Regular use helps control these problems, while leaving your hair shiny and manageable.
Effective treatment for:
- Scalp Psoriasis
- Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (dry, itching scalp)
Adults and children 12 years and over
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
This product is for cutaneous and external use only. This means it should only be used to treat the skin and your scalp.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Do not use on inflamed or broken skin
The shampoo should be applied as detailed below. You should then look at the dosing table to find out how often you can use the shampoo.
1. Wet hair thoroughly
2. Apply liberal amounts of shampoo and massage into the scalp to form a rich lather
3. Leave the lather one the scalp for several minutes
4. Rinse and repeat the application once more
5. Rinse thoroughly
Should not be used children under 12 years of age
Age and Dose
Adults and children aged 12 years and over - Apply shampoo as described, two to three times a week
- Treatment should last about 6 weeks. If there is no improvement after 6 weeks consult your doctor or pharmacist
- If irritation develops, stop using the shampoo and contact your doctor if necessary
If you or your child accidentally swallows T/Gel Shampoo, contact a doctor or your nearest accident and emergency department (casualty) taking this pack with you.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this shampoo
This product is suitable for most people. If you are in any doubt about using this product talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this product:
- If you have had a bad reaction to coal tar or any ingredients in the product
- On inflamed or broken skin
If any of the above applied talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Special warnings about the product
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Coal tar may cause your skin to react to sunlight after use, so you should avoid direct sunlight immediately after use
- In rare cases, there may be temporary discolouration of blond, bleached or tinted hair
Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless recommended by your doctor.
- Methyl (E218) and Propyl (E216) Parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergice reactions which could be delayed
- Ester of Bensoic Acid, Benzyl Benzoate and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (E321) can mildly irritate the skin, eyes and mucous membranes
This product can have side-effects like all medicines, although these don't affect everyone and are usually mild.
Effects which may occur very rarely (less than 1 in 10,000)
- Sensitivity to sunlight
- Skin irritation and acne like breakout
Keep out of the sight and reach of children
Store away from direct sunlight
Do not store above 25°C
Do not use after the expiry date printed on the top of the carton
Retain carton for full instructions
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies.
Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract
Active ingredients: Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 20 mg/ml
Also contains: Macrogol Laury Ether (4), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate, Cocodiethanolamide, Cocamidopropyl Urea, Methyl Parahydoxybenzoate (E216), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Perfume (contains Esters of Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Benzoate and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (E321), Sodium Chloride and Purifed Water